Social Intelligence is More Than a Social “Like”
Following in the wake of over-used terms like “hack”, “synergy” and “empower”, the term “social” seems to be everywhere these days. And people apply it to nearly everything. Here is a quick snapshot to help you distinguish various social offerings.
- Social studies is the integrated study of the social sciences, humanities and history.
- Social media are computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.
- Social Distortion is an American punk rock band best known for Ball and Chain and their cover of the Johnny Cash song Ring of Fire.
- Sociologist is an expert in or student of the development, structure, and functioning of human society.
- The Social Network is a 2010 American film portraying the founding of social networking website Facebook and the resulting lawsuits.
- Social like is a clickable icon or action that indicates a person’s approval for a piece of content or post.
- Social Intelligence is the ability to understand and manage emotions and behavior for personal and organizational success.