Senior Instructional Designer
TRACOM is the Social Intelligence company. We offer comprehensive soft skills training programs that improve Versatility, EQ, Resilience, and Agility by adapting the way people Think, Act, and React for optimal success in the workplace. Millions of people around the world have experienced our programs.
While our vision is large our culture is close, so our people get to collaborate and work on a variety of projects. TRACOM offers an attractive compensation package including competitive pay, profit sharing, working remotely from home (if desired), and great benefits (medical, dental, employer-matched 401K plan, and more).
We are looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to design, develop, and deploy market-leading learning programs (virtual, on-demand, classroom). The goal is to create engaging programs that will help learners acquire knowledge and skills in an effective and appealing manner.
- Lead effort to develop new and engaging commercial soft skills training programs.
- Manage curriculum: continue to enhance content, keep track of trends, update curriculum.
- Understand competitive positioning of programs vs. other similar programs; communicate advantages and differentiation of our products.
- Build process to collect ongoing feedback from customers on effectiveness and potential enhancements.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Emphasize visualization and storytelling as learning methods.
- Create supporting material and media, including script writing.
- Develop facilitator’s manuals and other teaching tools.
Facilitation and Customer Engagement
- Facilitate programs (virtual and in-person): client deliveries, program showcases, program certifications.
- Have sales and deployment conversations with clients to maximize sales and usage of curricula.
- Promote content by leading webinars, speaking engagements, and blog writing.
- Deep knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design models, and evaluation models.
- Understanding of importance of graphic and visual imagery for learning; ability to create highly visual course materials that engage and tell stories.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and course authoring and design software such as: InDesign, Adobe Captivate/Creative Cloud, Articulate Storyline, Rise 360, Camtasia, Vyond (GoAnimate), Brainshark, and Final Cut Pro.
- Proficiency with learning management systems, learning experience platforms, course management systems (e.g., Blackboard), and graphic editing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- High degree of flexibility and tolerance for change.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, both virtual and in-person.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, education, or related field.
- Experience in corporate environment – designing, delivering, and deploying learning programs for a large corporation.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and examples of your projects to Casey Mulqueen, Director of Learning & Development. Direct email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRACOM Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal laws.