Different people respond to pressure in different ways, according to their Behavioral Style and preferences. In the same way, different team members have different ways of managing their time, communicating and sharing information, organizing meetings and building relationships. Thankfully, people’s behavioral preferences are not random; as a whole, people display recognizable patterns in their behavior that can inform you how best to interact with them.
Managers who understand how to connect with individuals in ways that resonate with their values, communication styles and needs are better equipped to keep their teams engaged and inspired to achieve. Too often, however, managers are stuck within their own style, interpreting others’ behavior through their own personal lens. More than ever, today’s managers need to rise above their personal limitations and learn to respond with Versatility to the diverse range of personalities they work with.
- Leaders with high Versatility foster innovation across all levels of an organization, giving their companies a global competitive advantage.
- Style awareness and Versatility lead to a deeper understanding of people’s personalities, giving leaders the confidence to approach each individual in a way that is guaranteed to resonate with their individual Style.
Our SOCIAL STYLE Model can help your leaders:
- Understand their Behavioral Style and how it may be perceived by others
- Learn how to quickly assess others’ behavioral preferences
- Gain Versatility to adapt their style to better relate to people at all organizational levels, including their own supervisors and fellow managers
Read The Importance of Versatility in Leadership for more about what it takes to succeed as a leader in today’s organizations.